Monday, March 22, 2010

The Big Search

As David and I make the decisions for our future, my big job search has officially begun. I'm looking for event coordinator jobs. I've been searching every day, asking family and friends if they've heard of anything, and applying for the positions I've found.

Right now I'm interning at the Avera McKennan Foundation, and I'm LOVING IT! The people are so awesome and I've gotten to do a lot of different things. I'm getting to help with the Avera Race Against Breast Cancer (too bad I can't actually go to this huge event because I have to graduate from college instead) and The Big Grape, plus all the smaller kick-off's for those events. Because of all the cool stuff I've gotten to do at Avera, I have decided that this kind of work is exactly what I want to do! I really like the hospital/foundation-esque atmosphere. There is so much that goes on, and I love it! However, I wouldn't mind being the in-house event coordinotor for a larger venue somewhere. That way I'd get to work with other event planners, they would just have to come to me.

I'm quickly finding out that many job openings require so much experience. My question for some of those employers is, how are any of us supposed to get any of that required experience if you don't give us a chance?!? After all, we might surprise you!
I haven't heard anything back yet, but patience is key...or at least that's what I'm told. I'll find something, all in God's time.

So, here I go...IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS ANY EVENT PLANNING JOB OPENINGS AVAILABLE, LET ME KNOW!!!

As far as Dave's job search goes, even though he's been deployed, he's been made a conditional job offer with the Rapid City Police Department. He's currently in the running for a position with the Sioux Falls Police Department as well. We are thrilled that he's been considered in Rapid City, but Sioux Falls would be a much better fit for us.

Dave has decided to continue his pursuit of the Sioux Falls position. We'll keep the Rapid City position on standby in the event that Sioux Falls wouldn't hire him. Lets just hope for Sioux Falls. Niether of the jobs would actually begin until Dave returns from his deployment, but it'll be a comfort knowing that they would be here waiting for him.

This may sound a little silly to some, but what can we do, really? Rapid City would be a great place to live and work, but, so would Sioux Falls. Until we find out more, everything is just hanging in a balance. Thanks to all of our family and friends for your support and understanding! We love you all so much!!!

PS-JARED AND MOLLY WILL OFFICIALLY BE MOVING TO IOWA CITY FOR JARED'S RESIDENCY!!! CONGRATS TO YOU JARED, YOU DESERVE IT!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

J&M are trying to sell their house in Harrisburg, SD before they move to Iowa City. It's the cutest little place. If you're interested, go to:

http://www.hegg.com, and search for this listing number: 21001014.





No comments:

Post a Comment